Here I will explain how to add, edit, delete links in quick launch of SharePoint 2010. In SharePoint 2010 we have Quick Launch tab in left side to display site pages which contains links, lists and libraries on the site.
In previous post I explained Enable treeview in SharePoint 2010, Delete site from SharePoint site collection, change site theme in SharePoint 2010, Allow Anonymous access to SharePoint site, create new survey in SharePoint 2010 and Delete users from group in SharePoint 2010. Now I will explain how to add, edit, delete links in quick launch of SharePoint 2010.
To add or delete links in quick launch of SharePoint 2010 we need to follow below steps
1. Once you open your site Go to Site Actions -à Site Settings like as shown below figure
2. Once you open Site Settings in that go to Look and Feel and select Quick launch like as shown below
3. Once you open Quick launch we will have an option New Heading click on it to add new list or you can edit the existing links Libraries, Lists and Discussions by clicking on particular link in quick launch window like as shown below image
4. Once you click on New Heading section enter web address and description which is used to create new heading like Libraries, Lists or Discussions. Once you enter all the details click OK
5. Once we create new heading that will be like as shown below
6. Now you can create Navigation links under the list (Web Links) for that click on New Navigation Link Which was shown above image once if it opened enter all the required details like as shown below and click OK
7. Once we created navigation link our site Quick Launch will be like as shown below