Here I will explain how to delete a SharePoint site in SharePoint 2010 or how to delete site from SharePoint site collection in SharePoint 2010.
In previous post I explained change site theme in SharePoint 2010, Allow Anonymous access to SharePoint site, create new survey in SharePoint 2010 and Delete users from group in SharePoint 2010. Now I will explain how to delete site from SharePoint site collection in SharePoint 2010.
To delete site from SharePoint site collection you need to follow below steps
1. First select your site from site collections like as shown below
2. Once you open your site Go to Site Actions -à Site Settings like as shown below figure
2. Once you open Site Settings in that go to Site Actions -à Select Delete this site like as shown below
3. Once you open Delete this site option you can click on delete button and delete the site
4. Once site deleted from SharePoint site collection then we will get message like as shown below
In this way we can delete sites from SharePoint sites collection