By: Suresh Dasari Mar 11, 2013
Here I will explain how to create new group in SharePoint 2010 or Create new SharePoint user group in site.
In previous post I explained what is SharePoint and Uses of SharePoint. Now I will show how to create new user group in SharePoint.
To create new user group in SharePoint we need to follow below steps
1. Log in as an administrator and navigate to the site where the group is to be used.
2. On the site's home page select ‘Site Actions’ -à then ‘Site Permissions’.
3. On the Permissions page, select the ‘Create Group’ icon from the ‘Permission Tools – Edit’ ribbon.
4. Once we click on ribbon this will open form to create new SharePoint group and complete the form with the relevant information about the group like description for the group, the Group owner and the membership of the group like who can view and edit the group.
5. Once all of the necessary information has been entered, click the ‘Create’ button.
6. The new SharePoint group will be created and you will be taken to the People and Groups page.
Other Related Posts
- 3 tier architecture example in asp.net with C#
- Asp.net insert, Edit, update, delete data in gridview
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming Concepts (OOPS) in C#.net
- jQuery 360 Degrees Image Display Plugins Examples with Tutorial
- Introduction to WCF - WCF tutorial | WCF Tutorial - Windows Communication Foundation | WCF Example | WCF Sample code in asp.net 3.5 | Basic WCF Tutorial for Beginners
- how to insert images into database and how to retrieve and bind images to gridview using asp.net (or) save and retrieve images from database using asp.net
- Interview Questions in ASP.NET,C#.NET,SQL Server,.NET Framework
- Simple login form example in asp.net Check Username and Password availability in database
- Ajax ModalPopUpExtender Example to edit the gridview row values in asp.net
- Ajax Cascading Dropdownlist Sample with database using asp.net