By: Suresh Dasari Dec 20, 2010
Here I will explain how to set start up page in windows application using c#.net.
I have worked on web applications in asp.net I didn’t worked on windows application one day we got requirement to work on windows application at that time I don’t’ know anything about windows application even how to set startup page in windows application. I have searched many websites for this after search long time I found answer for this partially.
At that time I decided to write this post because some of the people who don’t know how to set start up page in windows application for those people it gives idea to set start up page.
Open visual studio and create new windows application by default it will create Form1.CS page now if we run application Form1.CS runs by default but if we add another page to our project and we need to set that page as start up page at that time we will get problem for that we need to follow these steps.
To set our page as start up page that page needs to contain following code in
static void Main()
Application.Run(Form) method: Begins running a standard application message loop on the current thread, and makes the specified form visible.
YourFormName() add your form name (whatever the page name you have given at the time creation of page) and Add this Main () method in all of your pages after that you will get all the pages list in Startup object list there we have chance to select particular page as start up page. After completion of adding this Main method follow the below steps
1. Right click on your project select properties
2. Select Application tab in that you will find Startup object combo box
3. This combo box contains list of forms which is having method Main ().
4. Select Form(whatever the Form you need to set as start up form)
In combobox if you select option (Not set) you will get error like Program has more than one entry point defined to remove error we need to select at least one form by default this combobox contains yourapplciation.Program form as Startup object.
Other Related Posts
- 3 tier architecture example in asp.net with C#
- Interview Questions in ASP.NET,C#.NET,SQL Server,.NET Framework
- Asp.net insert, Edit, update, delete data in gridview
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming Concepts (OOPS) in C#.net
- Simple login form example in asp.net Check Username and Password availability in database
- Introduction to WCF - WCF tutorial | WCF Tutorial - Windows Communication Foundation | WCF Example | WCF Sample code in asp.net 3.5 | Basic WCF Tutorial for Beginners
- how to insert images into database and how to retrieve and bind images to gridview using asp.net (or) save and retrieve images from database using asp.net
- jQuery 360 Degrees Image Display Plugins Examples with Tutorial
- Asp.net WebService or Creating and Consuming WebService in asp.net or Create and call webservice in asp.net or how to create webservice and how to use webservice in asp.net
- Ajax ModalPopUpExtender Example to edit the gridview row values in asp.net