Here I will explain how to sort or change the Order of Items on the Quick launch of SharePoint 2010. In SharePoint 2010 we have Quick Launch tab in left side to display site pages which contains links, lists and libraries on the site.
In previous post I explained Add, Delete Quick Launch links in SharePoint 2010, Enable treeview in SharePoint 2010, Delete site from SharePoint site collection, change site theme in SharePoint 2010, Allow Anonymous access to SharePoint site, create new survey in SharePoint 2010 and Delete users from group in SharePoint 2010. Now I will explain how to sort or change the Order of Items on the Quick launch of SharePoint 2010.
To sort or change links order in quick launch of SharePoint 2010 we need to follow below steps
1. Once you open your site Go to Site Actions -à Site Settings like as shown below figure
2. Once you open Site Settings in that go to Look and Feel and select Quick launch like as shown below
3. Once you open Quick launch we will have an option New Heading click on it to add new list or you can edit the existing links Libraries, Lists and Discussions by clicking on particular link in quick launch window like as shown below image
4. Once you click on Change Order Re-Order Links screen will appear like as shown below
5. Once you change the order of lists click OK and check your Quick Launch tab. All the items will reorder as per your orders.