Here I will explain how to enable and configure unique document ids in SharePoint 2010 or activate / enable and configure unique document ids Feature in SharePoint 2010.
In previous post I explained Uses of SharePoint, Create new group in SharePoint, Add users to SharePoint Group, Add Users to SharePoint Site, SharePoint Browsers Compatibility and Allow Anonymous access to SharePoint site. Now I will explain how to activate or enable and configure unique document ids Feature in SharePoint 2010.
To enable and configure unique document ids Feature in SharePoint 2010 we need to follow below steps
1. Navigate to the site where you wish to enable and configure unique document ids feature
2. Go to Site Actions - Site Settings.
4. Once we open Site collection features need to activate Document ID Service by click on activate button as shown below image
5. Once we activate service need to go back to settings page after that go to Site Actions > Site Settings and select Document ID Settings under Site Collection Administration
6. Enter the string under “Begin IDs with the following characters,” for this example we are using “ASPDOTNET-SURESH”
7. Go back to the site where you started the service Click on Library > Modify View and select Document ID column like as shown below
8. Once done with above details need to upload new documents and check Document ID column