By: Suresh Dasari Mar 26, 2013
Here I will explain how to create a new site in SharePoint 2010 or create new SharePoint website in 2010.
In previous post I explained Uses of SharePoint, Create new group in SharePoint, Add users to SharePoint Group, Add Users to SharePoint Site, SharePoint Browsers Compatibility and Allow Anonymous access to SharePoint site. Now I will explain how to create site in SharePoint 2010.
To create new site in SharePoint 2010 we need to follow below steps
1. Open the SharePoint 2010 Central Administration
-The default site: SharePoint – 80
-The administration site: SharePoint Central Administration v4
3. Click the New icon in the top left corner and fill out the resulting form. This contains the authentication method and using an existing or new website in IIS. It also allows you to use anonymous access to the site as well as turning on SSL configuration options. Once the form is filled out, click OK.
4. The changes will then process and SharePoint will return the Application Created message if all is well. Click OK once more.
5. The web application you just created is now listed under the SharePoint Central Application v4. Next you will create the Site Collection. Navigate to Central Administration > Application Management > Create Site Collections.
6. Enter in the requested information and choose a template. After clicking OK, the site collection is now created. You can navigate to it via the URL specified.
Other Related Posts
- Asp.net insert, Edit, update, delete data in gridview
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming Concepts (OOPS) in C#.net
- 3 tier architecture example in asp.net with C#
- Introduction to WCF - WCF tutorial | WCF Tutorial - Windows Communication Foundation | WCF Example | WCF Sample code in asp.net 3.5 | Basic WCF Tutorial for Beginners
- how to insert images into database and how to retrieve and bind images to gridview using asp.net (or) save and retrieve images from database using asp.net
- Simple login form example in asp.net Check Username and Password availability in database
- Interview Questions in ASP.NET,C#.NET,SQL Server,.NET Framework
- Ajax ModalPopUpExtender Example to edit the gridview row values in asp.net
- Ajax Cascading Dropdownlist Sample with database using asp.net
- how to save images into folder and images path in database and display images from folder in gridview based on images path in database using asp.net