By: Suresh Dasari Oct 14, 2010
Categories: SQL Server
Here I will explain how to transfer or copy or move data from one server database table to another server database table in SQL Server.
I created one table Addresstype in database1 in server1 with some data. I have created same table Addresstype with same columns in database2 in server2. Now I want to fill AddressTpe table in server2 with data of Addresstype in server1.
In this situation we need to use SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) to complete our work quickly.
1). Open your SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your server here I am connecting server2
2). After that select your database (where ever your table exists select that databse) from your server.
3). Right click on your selected Database go to Tasks under that go to Import data one wizard will open that SQl Server Import and Export Wizard
See these steps in action
1).In next wizard select Data Source as Microsoft OLEDB Provider for SQL Server from dropdown
2).After that enter your Datasource server name here I am entering server1 because I want to get data from table in server1
3).After that select database in that server here I am selecting databse1 because my table in this database and click next
4). Here you need to repeat the same steps from 1 to 3 but here you need to enter destination server details i.e. the server wherever we need to save the data here I am entering server2 and selecting database2 after that click next
5). By default select option copy data from one or more tables or views and click next here you need to select the tables from whichever tables data you need to copy after that click next and after that click finish wait sometime it will display the result .
See these steps in action check from first part continuation onwards this image will run continuously that's why i am saying check this image from first wizard next onwards then it will clear for you
Other Related Posts
- Interview Questions in ASP.NET,C#.NET,SQL Server,.NET Framework
- 3 tier architecture example in asp.net with C#
- Asp.net insert, Edit, update, delete data in gridview
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming Concepts (OOPS) in C#.net
- Simple login form example in asp.net Check Username and Password availability in database
- Introduction to WCF - WCF tutorial | WCF Tutorial - Windows Communication Foundation | WCF Example | WCF Sample code in asp.net 3.5 | Basic WCF Tutorial for Beginners
- how to insert images into database and how to retrieve and bind images to gridview using asp.net (or) save and retrieve images from database using asp.net
- jQuery 360 Degrees Image Display Plugins Examples with Tutorial
- Asp.net WebService or Creating and Consuming WebService in asp.net or Create and call webservice in asp.net or how to create webservice and how to use webservice in asp.net
- Trace Mobile number location and Mobile number operator in India or Trace Mobile number Details in India